Blue Water Spa Serving Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas in NC
LED Gentlewaves Photomodulation Treatment
LED Walk in Hours
$45 per session or
$400 for 1 month of unlimited sessions
Smoother, More Even Skin Tone, Smaller Pores, Softening of Scars and Imperfections
The Theory of GentleWaves™ LED Photomodulation
- Scientists theorize that LED Photomodulation uses low intensity light-emmiting diodes (LED's) in a process similar to plant photosynthesis whereby plants use chlorophyll to convert sunlight into cellular building blocks.
How the GentleWaves™ LED Photomodulation System Works
- GentleWaves for skin rejuvenations the only device to utilize Photomodulation technology. It uses energy from LED sources, delivered at proprietary fluences and pulse algorithms, specifically matched to the cellular processes that enhance skin rejuvenation. This patented technology is only available with the GentleWaves device.
GentleWaves™ Features and Benefits
- No side effects, downtime or pain
- Remarkably safe and effective for all skin types
- Non-invasive, non-ablative and non-thermal so there's no injury to the skin surface
- Fast and convenIent: Takes less than 5 minutes
- Treats large areas such as the entire face or chest
- No aftercare is needed
- Compatible with other skin rejuvenation techniques
How is GentleWaves™ different than other skin rejuventating treatments?
- Current high-tech skin rejuvenation therapies operate via photothermolysis to thermally injure tissue and induce a wound healing response or use chemicals to peel damages tissue. However, wound healing responses are proven are unpredictable and are an imperfect mechanism for achieving new collagen production.
How is GentleWaves different than other LED devices?
- Gentle Waves is the first and only LED device to receive marketing approval for a medical claim associated with cosmetic improvement of aging and sun-damaged skin. It improves the skin without relying on high energy sources and heat damage.
For the first time, we are slowing down collagen breakdown and building up new collagen with no pain, no redness and no serious side effects.
- * In a recent multicenter study of 90 patients who underwent 8 GentleWavesr treatments, 62% achieved improved appearance of skin around the eyes, 36% around the upper lip, and 26% achieved improvement of skin roughness around the eyes. Continued improvement in patients' appearance was observed for 4 months after the last treatment session. High patient satisfaction was reported.
How does GentleWaves work?
Gentle Waves uses specially coded arrays of light emitting diodes to modulate the activity of living cells. Unlike other laser, pulsed-light or radiofrequency techniques used for skin rejuvenation, the core technology of this device delivers very low-intensity, non-thermal light energy to stimulate collagen and reverse the appearance of photoaging.
What does GentleWaves treat?
The non-thermal light energy stimulates collagen and reverses the appearance of photoaging. It refines pores, smooths skin softens scarring and promotes an even, milky skin texture It is also excellent for treamtent of the hands, neck and chest areas.
Q. How long does a GentleWaves treatment take?
A. The Classic GentleWaves LED treatment takes less than one(1) minute. However, many patients opt for the GentleWaves Euro treatment program.
Q. What is a GentleWaves Euro treatment?
A. The GentleWaves Euro treatment consists of a gentle exfoliation of the skin prior to the GentleWaves LED session. Enzymatic masques, microdermabrasion and chemical peels are the three most common methods of exfoliation done prior to Gentle Waves treatments.
Q. How many GentleWaves treatments do I need?
A. Depending on the desired results and the area being treated, most physicians are recommending 8 to 10 treatments.
Q. How often should I get GentleWaves treatments?
A. Since GentleWaves is non-thermal, you can be treated up to twice a week. Most physicians are recommending a once per week program.
Q. Will the GentleWaves treatments hurt?
A. No, unlike lasers, Gentle Waves is non-thermal and patients are reporting no discomfort or pain associated with the treatments.
Q. When will I start seeing results?
A. GentleWaves treatments are progressive and you will notice more collection with each treatment. Patients are reporting noticeable changes as early as after 5-7 treatments.
Q. How long will the GentleWaves results last?
A. GentleWaves studies suggest that patients continue to improve for up to 6 months after a series of treatments. Long tenD results will depend upon a good skin care program including the use of a proven sunscreen.
Q. Can I combine GentleWaves with other skin care treatments?
A. Yes, GentleWaves can be administered alone or in conjunction with other treatments. Physicians have found GentleWaves to be highly complimentary with other skin care treatments such as BOTOX®, dermal fillers and skin rejuvenating lasers.
LED APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE DURING THE FOLLOWING TIMES ONLY,
UNLESS SCHEDULED WITH ANOTHER TREATMENT
LED CONSULTATION CAN BE SCHEDULED BY CALLING 919 870-6066
MON 10:00 AM - NOON & 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
TUES 10:00 AM - NOON & 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
WED 10:00 AM - NOON & 5:00 PM -7:00 PM
THURS 10:00 AM - NOON & 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
FRI 10:00 AM - NOON & 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
SAT 10:00 AM - NOON
*Please contact Blue Water Spa at 919.870.6066 if you are planning on arriving after 5PM to confirm that the spa is open