Botox, Dysport, Lip Filler, and Facial Filler Injectable Services in Raleigh – How to Prepare and What to Expect
Serving the Raleigh, Durham, North Raleigh, Brier Creek, Midtown Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Cary, Wake Forest, North Hills, and the entire Research Triangle Park areas.
How to Choose a Med Spa in Raleigh for Botox, Lip Filler and Facial Filler Injections
Blue Water Spa, a Raleigh NC Botox, Dysport, facial filler and lip filler provider, continues to be a top 1% provider of Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm in the country. Our expert Botox and dermal filler nurse injectors have performed over 50,000 dermal filler procedures to rejuvenate the face in places such as: cheeks, lips, jawline, chin, tear trough, and more. Together they have administered over 5 million units of Botox Cosmetic, Dysport, Jeuveau and other neuromodulators in places such as: the jaw to relieve TMJ pain, Lip Flip, the forehead, crow’s feet, Botox brow lift, to name a few.
Our philosophy at Blue Water Spa focuses on natural and conservative results leaving one looking refreshed and rejuvenated, never fake or “frozen”. All Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Jeuveau, and other neuromodulators, along with Juvederm, Restylane, Revance, and other lip and facial filler treatments require a complimentary consultation to discuss aesthetic goals, provide assessment and complete medical clearance.
A Botox Consultation is Essential
Preparing For Your Facial Rejuvenation Injectable Procedure at Blue Water Spa
Follow these guidelines before your next injectable services at Blue Water Spa unless your Nurse Injector directs otherwise.
Patients have often asked if they could enjoy a glass of wine or champagne with their Botox or facial filler treatment, or if we offer ‘Botox Parties’. As much as we would enjoy treating patients to an adult beverage, we know better. Alcohol can thin the blood, which can result in more bruising and or swelling in the treatment area. Botox parties, wine, and champagne- are not add-ons we can provide. Blue Water Spa is a medical facility and although these treatments are considered cosmetic, Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and other neuromodulator injections are most importantly a medical procedure.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages 48 hours pre-treatment.
- Avoid taking Aspirin, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, fish oil, omega 3’s, ginkgo biloba, ginseng and St. John’s Wort seven days pre-treatment and 48 hours post-treatment to decrease the likelihood of bruising. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be taken in place of Aspirin and Ibuprofen without increased risk of bruising.
- Eat a light meal or snack before your appointment and limit beverages and caffeine immediately prior to your appointment time.
- Cardiovascular activity that increases heart rate (running, spin class) or activities where the head would be below the heart (yoga) will be restricted 24 hours post procedure. These restrictions are in place to prevent migration of the product immediately after procedure. Clients should finish their exercise before treatment.
- Skin should be intact and free from sunburn, severe acne breakouts or the herpes simplex virus (cold sores, fever blisters).
- Please Note: It is recommended that injectable procedures be scheduled at least 14 days before an event to allow healing time.
- No history of flu shot, or travel vaccines, or immunizations for two weeks prior to a filler appointment
- No history of dental work (including cleaning) done two weeks before any filler appointment and two weeks after any filler appointment.
- No active rashes or skin lesions including acne in area of treatment
- No history of active illness with antibiotics two weeks prior to filler appointment
View Botox Before and After Images
What to Expect During Your Dermal Filler Injection Procedure
A complimentary consultation will be performed prior to the procedure to discuss pertinent information and provide medical clearance. Once cleared and an injectable plan has been discussed, the skin is cleansed and ice packs are applied to reduce discomfort.
Related: How to Choose Your Dermal Filler Provider
Botox treatments in Raleigh are administered with an insulin syringe (a very small needle) and dermal filler procedures are performed with a micro cannula used to minimize discomfort. Due to the advanced technique of our nurse injectors they are skilled at meticulous placement and provide the least amount of product necessary to achieve optimal results. Whether it’s a Botox brow lift, or a Dysport lip flip, once discussed we can coordinate a plan that best fits your aesthetic wants and needs.
Am I going to look too overfilled?
A complete Botox®, Dysport, Xeomin, and other neuromodulators treatment lasts just one to three minutes (depending on the number of areas being treated) and does not require the use of topical or local anesthetics. Botox® begins to show its effect after 5-7 days, although some patients report a noticeable difference the very next day.
The dermal filler used, whether it is Restylane, Restylane Kysse, Juvederm Volbella or Voluma, is composed of gel molecules that include lidocaine powder to ensure clients remain comfortable and have a positive experience.
View our Lip Filler Before And After Images
Cannulas vs. Needles – Why We Use Cannulas for Lip Filler and Facial Fillers
Dr. Michael Law is one of the top fat grafting surgeons in the world. He is an expert in dermal facial fillers and fat grafting to the face. Dr. Law uses blunt tipped micro cannulas, for fat grafting to the face, which itself is a dermal filler. Part of our nurse injector training is assisting in the OR with facial fat grafting procedures and observing him performing fat grafting procedures, to understand the art and nuance of appropriate facial filler with the goal of facial harmony and themost natural results.
Injecting with cannulas provides safety, comfort for the patient, less pain, delivers filler with more accuracy, almost immediate recovery, and a less likelihood of bruising and swelling. So, why doesn’t everyone use microcannulas? The truth of the matter is any doctor can purchase facial filler, Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and other neuromodulators, however they may or may not have extensive training. Learning to inject with a cannula takes more time and is very expensive, but once it’s perfected it is easier to do.
Our patients have often mentioned that they felt lip filler done with needles was so painful that they’d never do it again, until they had lip filler done with one of our expert nurse injectors who use cannulas.
Cannula vs Needle for Dermal Filler | Best Med Spa Raleigh
What to Expect After Your Injectable Procedure
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages 48 hours post-treatment.
- If you experience bruising or swelling, you may use ice or a cold pack for ten minutes every hour for 3-5 hours.
- Avoid laying down for at least 4 hours.
- Do not rub or massage the injected areas or lie down for four hours after injection as you may cause the product to migrate.
- Do not have facials, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for at least five days after injection.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for the remainder of the day of injection.
- Do not have facial laser treatments for at least 72 hours before or after injection.
- We are conservative with your initial treatment. If you do not see the desired effect after seven days, feel free to schedule a follow-up appointment during which you may discuss your results with your injector and have additional treatment if you desire.
- Many patients have minimal discomfort following the procedure, however you may experience one or more of the following: bruising, swelling, pink at the site of injection, tenderness to the touch, discomfort in the treated area, lumps or asymmetries. It is not uncommon to experience any of these symptoms after the soft tissue swelling process is complete (7-14 days). You may call our office if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- Dermal fillers add volume to soft tissue showing results instantly with the addition of temporary soft tissue swelling or bruising, Botox cosmetic works with muscle contraction at the muscle-nerve junction and takes several days to see the results of the treated wrinkles. It is advised to follow up 14 days after your procedure to determine if more product is needed. Our philosophy consists of a “less is more” approach and Botox and dermal filler can alwaysbe added versus taken away.
- In rare cases clients have discussed bruising to be beyond minimal, in these cases Arnica Montana can be purchased at cost at our checkout.
- Botox and Juvederm is intended to minimize wrinkles and to soften and lift the face, it is not a replacement for surgery and will always be performed to provide natural and conservative results, realistic expectation and goals are discussed during consultation.
If you have any concerns or questions, please call our office at (919) 870-6066
Frequently Asked Questions About Neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport and Facial Filler Procedures
How Can I Get The Best Results From My Botox, Dysport, Juvederm, Restylane, And Other Lip Filler And Facial Filler Injections?
At Blue Water Spa, our philosophy embraces the art of looking natural and rejuvenated. We are firm believers that it’s not the product as much as it is the provider. Our nurses have advanced training from Dr. Michael Law in the art of fat grafting (over 500+ hours) that allow them to appreciate the dimensions of anatomy. To date our nurses have injected over 5 million units of Botox and over 50,000 dermal filler procedures. Getting the best results from injectables starts with a complimentary consultation where our expert nurses can provide recommendations based on one’s individual unique anatomy. Every face is not created the same and what may work for one client may not the other, that’s why it’s important to see an advanced injector with a skilled hand and a trained eye.
How Many Sessions Are Required With Botox, Dysport, Lip Filler, And Facial Filler?
Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Jeuveau, and other neuromodulators typically last for 3-4 months depending on anatomy and muscle strength. There is a cumulative effect to Botox injection where subsequent injections atrophy the muscles responsible for wrinkles that often will require less product or longer durations. Dermal fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Revance can last anywhere from 12 to 24 months depending on the product used.
ABOUT BLUE WATER SPA
Blue Water Spa is a Raleigh spa that has been voted Best Medical Spa in America three consecutive years. Owned and operated by Raleigh Plastic Surgeon Michael Law MD, the Raleigh medical spa is the top provider of Juvederm®, Latisse® and Botox® in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Law is in the top 1% of plastic surgeons providing Natrelle® Breast Implants and other Allergan products in the Country. From CoolSculpting, Emsella, Emsculpt, Laser Hair removal, laser skin tightening to microdermabrasion, pampering spa packages, and medical-grade clean & cruelty-free skincare, at Blue Water Spa you will receive the ultimate in results and relaxation.
Text Blue Water Spa to schedule your Botox consultation: 919-739-3910