Serving the Raleigh, Durham, Brier Creek, Clayton, Louisburg, Greensboro, Morrisville, Youngsville, Wakefield, Wake Forest, and the entire Research Triangle Park areas.
Microneedling PRP Treatments in Brier Creek
Facial rejuvenation in Raleigh at Blue Water Spa is, without a doubt, our most popular sought-after cosmetic modality. Blue Water Spa Licensed Aestheticians and their patients seek procedures that are very effective while also being minimally invasive and natural with little downtime and lasting results. At Blue Water Spa we use non ablative lasers, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, injectable fillers, and microneedling to create dermal injury to help stimulate collagen and elastin and wound repair.
WHAT IS PRF?
PRF VS PRP- What’s the Difference?
Microneedling with PRF at Blue Water Spa is next level microneedling with Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF). PRF is the second generation to PRP, platelet rich plasma treatments. It is a natural solution to treat anti-aging effects of facial features. To obtain Platelet Rich Fibrin, blood is drawn from the patient and spun in a centrifuge at a rate to include a concentration of white blood cells, fibrin, and a small amount of stem cells found in the bloodstream. PRF contains very high concentrations of fibrin and white blood cells that have been shown to provide rejuvenating effects for the skin. These PRP anti-aging effects combined with medical microneedling, also referred to as “The Vampire Facial” by some patients, can enhance wound healing, collagen production, and skin elasticity. Patients normally seek this treatment to enhance facial soft tissue volume, and for the potential beneficial effects of increased production of collagen and elastin, the improvement of skin texture and thickness, the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, and the improvement of scar appearance.
What is PRP anti-aging treatment?
PRP skin treatments were originally the only platelet-based product offered for treatment of tissue damage. PRP requires blood to be drawn and placed in a centrifuge to be processed and separated into layers. The centrifuge allows for platelets and plasma to be separated from white blood cells and stem cells, and then be injected into the desired tissue. As this treatment and research advanced, PRF requires blood to be spun in a centrifuge at a lower speed to also include some white blood cells and stem cells for a more concentrated treatment.
Microneedling in Brier Creek
Microneedling, or collagen induction therapy, is considered a minimally invasive skin enhancement and rejuvenation procedure that involves the use of a device that contains fine needles. The needles are designed to puncture the skin at various depths and create a controlled skin injury. The punctured epidermis and dermis now create a microscopic channel that helps with neocollagenesis.
The microneedling device we use has the ability to create channels in the skin ranging in size from 0.5 to 2.5 mm. These pores created by trauma in the dermis are what stimulate the release of growth factors.
The growth factors and cytokines in turn stimulate collagen, elastin, and neocollagenesis. Microneedling sessions are usually spaced 3 to 6 weeks apart and can be used safely on all skin types including patients with a history of melasma.
At Blue Water Spa, we do not perform microneedling on patients with a history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring, inflammatory dermatoses, history of herpes simplex virus in perioral area, or any type of growth in the target area. Absolute contraindications for microneedling include scleroderma, collagen vascular disease, clotting disorders, active infection, and immunosuppression.
Vampire Facial in Raleigh
Ultra-concentrated PRF contains a higher concentration of stem cells and growth factors. Blood is drawn from the patient, isolated to create a gel-like consistency, and applied during Microneedling with PRF, popularly known as a Vampire Facial. This process allows delivery of growth factors deep into the skin to produce far superior and longer lasting results than PRP injections.
The drawn platelets, fibrin, and white blood cells help stimulate collagen production during wound healing, improving elasticity. The combination of microneedling to stimulate collagen production with PRF to assist in the healing process, makes microneedling with PRF, a highly sought after non-invasive facial rejuvenation treatment.
What is a Vampire Facial and What does a Vampire Facial Cost?
PRP was the original blood product and even used originally for The Vampire Facial in aesthetic practices. Now, PRF is the evolution of blood concentrate therapy and has replaced PRP, having many advantages over original PRP treatments. Platelet rich fibrin, or PRF, is the newest in the technology of blood concentrate therapy. Blood concentrate therapy utilizes a patient’s own blood to get platelets, white blood cells, fibrin, and even mesenchymal stem cells for different aesthetic indications. The main advantage of PRF over PRP is the slow release of growth factors from the platelets measured in days versus hours.
PRF has higher concentrations of cells including platelets, white blood cells, a fibrin scaffolding, and mesenchymal stem cells which are not found in PRP. PRF is great to use as an autologous filler in conjunction with microneedling, with hair growth and stimulation, with fat grafting, and with surgical grafts. PRF is recommended to use over PRP as it’s 100% natural, there are no additives in the tube or blood thinner, and the data suggests that it is advantageous for faster wound healing and better aesthetic results than PRP. Patients love the fact that they can use something completely natural from their own blood with no additives to enhance their aesthetic appearance.
PRIOR TO PRF TREATMENT:
- No prolonged sun exposure and absolutely no sunburn two weeks prior to treatment
- No Retin-A or other topical retinols, glycolic or salicylic acids, or benzoyl peroxide for 72 hours prior to treatment
- Females drink 8 – 10 eight- ounce glasses of water daily for 72 hours prior to treatment
- Males drink 10 – 15 eight- ounce glasses of water daily for 72 hours prior to treatment
- Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory products and fish oil for 5 days prior to treatment and three days post treatment
- Wear comfortable old clothing to your appointment with an open neck
- Eat a full meal prior to your appointment
DAY OF PRF TREATMENT at BLUE WATER SPA:
- Thoroughly cleanse your skin and apply your prescribed numbing cream to areas to be treated thirty minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
POST PRF TREATMENT IN RALEIGH:
- Leave your Platelet Rich Fibrin on your skin for up to 12 hours
- Your PRF forms a mask and seals in growth factors, lymphocytes, fibrin and stem cells.
- The mask feels tight for five to six hours after which time it begins to loosen and break down slightly
- After twelve hours wash off the PRF with gentle cleanser and warm water
- Apply only products recommended by your aesthetician
- Avoid exfoliation or use of your Clarisonic brush for three days post treatment
- Mineral makeup is recommended in the days following treatment
- Avoid the use of AHAs, BHAs, or retinol for 5 days following treatment
- Avoid swimming for 14 days and strenuous exercise for first 24 hours
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 14 ds. Chemical free sunblock is recommended – Wear BWS SPF 40, Elta MD SPF 41, or any Shade SPF
How do I get the best results? To help bring about your optimal results follow these easy steps:
- Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate (with water!)
- Eat a healthy balanced diet
- Get enough rest and good sleep
- Exercise • Do not smoke • Do not drink alcohol in excess
- Do not take NSAIDS (Aspirin and Ibuprofen)
ABOUT BLUE WATER SPA
Blue Water Spa is a Raleigh medical spa that has been voted Best Medical Spa in America, Best Medical Spa in Raleigh, Best Laser Center by WRAL Voter’s Choice Awards, and Best Cosmetic Surgeon – Dr. Michael Law. Owned and operated by Raleigh Plastic Surgeon Michael Law MD, the Raleigh medical spa is the top provider of lip fillers, facial fillers, Botox, Dysport, and other Neuromodulators in Raleigh and Durham.From CoolSculpting, Emsculpt, Emsella, Laser Hair removal, laser skin tightening to microdermabrasion, pampering spa packages, and medical-grade clean & cruelty-free skincare, at Blue Water Spa you will receive the ultimate in results and relaxation.
Text Blue Water Spa to schedule your skin care consultation: 919-769-6044